Wednesday 2 January 2013

2012 Beauty Charts

I am a beauty junkie and absolutely love trying new products.
This is just a collection of, in my opinion, the best products of 2012...




BB cream has been raved about in every magazine going but I thought I would include it in my list as it really is one of my favourite products. There isn't much of a colour range and the palest one is still slightly too dark for my skin, so I mix it with my foundation. The texture is really lovely and it makes skin very glowing and bright. When mixed with my foundation I get the coverage I need but it makes the foundation slightly lighter and it looks really natural.
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector - £9.99 Boots

Mac lipsticks are my favourite, they have so many amazing colours and it stays on all day. This colour is called Diva and has been my favourite for a few years now. I am blonde and pale skinned and this really suits my colouring but it really does suit every kind of colouring as my friend Mya has dark skin and hair and this lipstick looks amazing on her too.The colour comes out as a deep plummy red and looks great with minimal eye makeup.
Mac Lipstick in Diva - £14.00 Mac

I really love Mac and this Mac Studio Fix Fluid is the best foundation I have EVER used and I would recommend it to everyone. It gives amazing coverage, lasts for months on end and has such a huge array of colours that you can get the exact right one for your skin tone.It is such a bargain for how much you get, I can easily use mine every day and make it last 6 months. The foundation has an SPF 15 which is really important for me as I am paranoid about sun damage!
Mac Studio Fix Fluid - £20.50 Mac

I adore Topshop nail varnishes, they do SUCH amazing colours. I particularly love the glitter varnish range and this is my personal favourite. The colour is Firework and it looks so pretty on long and short nails. I use it to create an ombre glitter look with pale lilac varnish underneath or just use it as a solid colour - it stays on really well but that does mean it's a slight nightmare to take off! You can also use a thin layer over pastel coloured varnishes which creates a really pretty, unique look.
Nail Varnish - £6.00 Topshop



This Simple moisturiser is so light and is perfect for a base before you apply foundation. I use this at night as well as I hate anything too heavy. It makes your skin feel amazing and ever since I have used this I've always had really clear skin so I think it works wonders on spots too! Perfect for all skin types. Plus, it's under £4.00 so works miracles and doesn't break the bank.
Simple Moisturiser - £3.79 Boots

I have been using John Frieda Sheer Blonde for nearly a year and definitely wouldn't use anything else now! It has kept my hair bright and fresh, smells amazing and makes my hair super soft. There is Brilliant Brunette and Radiant Red too which several of my friends use, and love. It's quite pricey at around £5.00 a bottle but it does last for ages and works miracles on dull, dry hair.
Sheer Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner - £5.00 per bottle Boots

This Loreal hair oil has been my favourite discovery this year. One splodge of this oil makes hair soft, healthy and shiny. It smells great and really does transform tired, dry hair. The bottle literally lasts forever so it is well worth the money. If you use a lot of heat on your hair I would strongly recommend this as it really does bring your locks back to life and helps to repair damaged hair. A little goes a long way and it doesn't make your hair greasy at all - it really is a miracle product.
Loreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil - £9.99 Superdrug



This perfume is my favourite, it is so fresh and unique and I always get comments when I'm wearing it. The scent lasts all day - which is pretty rare! I love wearing a fragrance which isn't overly popular as it's nice to smell a little different to half the girls on the tube who have drowned themselves in Chanel. This is such a feminine, beautiful smell, absolutely love it!
Estee Lauder Sensuous - £36 Selfridges



I have had my babyliss curling wand for nearly two years now and it is STILL my favourite styler. You can create big, soft waves or tight curls. I like going for the messy, beachy look and always use this for that style. It makes getting ready so quick and easy as it heats up super fast and you can just run it through your hair making natural waves. My friends all bought one for themselves after commenting on my hair and they love theirs as much as I love mine! If you prefer a neater hair do, I tend to roughly straighten my hair with GHDs (another must have styler) and then run the wand through afterwards to create a soft wave that looks natural but neat.
Curling Wand - £20.00 Debenhams
GHDs - £99 ghdhair.com

Well - that's my list of must have beauty products to see in 2013! I always love discovering new things though so would love to hear of any other products that I need to try!x

No comments:

Post a Comment