Friday 11 January 2013

The Natural Look

I love buying make up and have quite a massive make up bag, but in the day I usually like to go very natural. Before I do my make up I moisturise with Simple Light Moisturiser, it's a great base for foundation as it's really light and it ensures that the make up doesn't clog up my skin.

Next I use Mac Strobe Cream. I apply this all over my face or mix it with my foundation to get really glowing, dewy skin. Next I use Mac Studio Fix Fluid mixed with a blob of Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector. I blend this in with the foundation as it makes my skin really dewy and thins out the foundation so it looks really natural.

Once my skin is sorted, I do my eyebrows. I have really fair hair so I always fill my brows in. I use Benefit Brow Zings, which is the best eyebrow kit ever! Before I fill them I brush them into shape with a brow brush, then I use the gel to shape them and the powder to block in the colour.
Once this is done I put concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes, I use Mac Studio Finish concealer, it's amazing and stays on all day and has an SPF 35.

Next is the eyes, I don't like heavy eye make up in the day so I just use No7 Stay Perfect shadow in Mink mixed with Mac shadow in Malt. The Mac shadow is matt so I mix it with the No7 just to add a bit of shimmer and brightness but for a really natural look.
I curl my eyelashes then use Benefit Bad Gal mascara. I have tried EVERY mascara going and nothing beats this one!
I always use Clinique brushes and the eyeshadow brush is brilliant for quick application and blending.
Lastly is the blusher and highlighter! I have really pale skin so blusher is definitely a must for me. I create contours with Mac Powder Blush in Harmony. I dust this under the cheek bone to create a more defined shape then I dust Mac Powder Blush in Pinch O' Peach on the apples of the cheeks for a fresh, flushed look.
Finally I dust highlighter under my brow bone, in the corners of my eyes and at the top of my cheek bones for a glowing, dewy look. I use Mac Cream Colour Base in Luna.

No comments:

Post a Comment