Friday 5 April 2013

Sometimes It Snows In April

Hello!
 
This time last year I'm pretty sure I was spending my days in shorts and dresses, I have forgotten what having bare legs and not wearing a coat feels like! Even the weather man was apologizing for the forecast on the news this week, April is looking pretty bleak.
 
Even though it is freezing cold and snowy in London there is still plenty of fun to be had (in twelve layers) so this week my friend Fran and I decided to have a nice cultured day out - we started off at the V&A, which is probably my favourite museum in London, but I was really sad as when we tried to get into the amazing library a huge bouncer threw us out claiming you weren't allowed bags in there?! I suppose people try to steal the books and Fran and I obviously looked like criminals.
 
We went for lunch and ate our own weight in food before heading to The Old Operating Theatre. Now, I've already posted about this place before and I absolutely love it. Think my obsession with old medicine stems from GCSE History where I met my best friend Megan and we would spend our days making up songs about historical figures, anyway this love has stayed with me so The Old Operating Theatre is like heaven to my inner history geek.
 
I think Fran was a bit scared of all the medical paraphernalia and it made her quite grateful for the NHS so after looking at rusty amputation tools I took her to Patisserie Lila in Borough Market to recover with a giant slab of red velvet cake.
 
I hope you are all coping in this bitter April weather, let's all hope summer is just around the corner!
 
x


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What I Wore
Studded Boots - Topshop
Jacket - Barbour
Bag - Vintage
Jeans - Topshop
Jumper - Urban Outfitters
Fur Stole - Topshop
Blouse - H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment